Senior Construction Manager
Location: Salinas, CA
Job Type: Full-Time
Years of Experience: 15+ years
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
This position is responsible and accountable for the overall implementation of assigned construction projects. This position manages the following functional areas: construction site safety, field inspection, quality, construction cost estimating and control, construction project engineering related to Request for Information (RFIs), submittals and field changes. The Construction Manager oversees project constructability during design phases and in that capacity is a key design team resource. The Construction Manager develops and implements processes and best practices, team member roles and responsibilities, independent cost estimating necessary to deliver best in class construction.
The Senior Construction Manager is responsible for the following:
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Oversee the development and delivery of construction within cost, scope, schedule and risk management of multiple projects
- Provide owners with construction status updates and recommendations.
- Perform construction quality reviews with project manager/Contractors to assess accuracy and completeness of construction deliverables.
- Ensure work completion within schedule, budgetary and design constraints; make decisions about planning of organization and completion of assignments; solve complex technical problems and provide alternative methods for achieving goals when necessary.
- Develop, track, reports based on key performance indicators.
- Effectively communicate and liaison with project team members and stakeholders.
- Estimate and obtain the resources and participants needed to successfully implement construction projects.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations to diverse stakeholders and upper management. Teleconference
- Conduct timely project Lessons Learned and create recommendations in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for construction development, execution and management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated experience directing project management functions and overseeing integration, scope, time management, cost, quality, communications, and risk components.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in the Management of Construction Projects acting as the Owner’s Representative.
- Significant experience overseeing project and construction management functions for the design & construction of remodel projects in infrastructure installations and replacement projects for industry, government or university use.
- Experience in administering and developing construction contracts is required.