Project Controls Manager
Location: Torrance, CA
Job Type: Full-Time
Years of Experience: 10+
Education: Bachelors Degree
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Develops, interprets, and executes policy, objectives, and standards applicable to scope, cost andschedule control and analysis activities.
- Ability to perform forensic assessments for required diagnosis of schedule and costs.
- Interfaces with management and project team for specific project controls presentations. Developsand presents scope, cost and schedule reports and presentations for key project stakeholders.
- Reviews project work activities to ensure support of project milestones. Develops micro-phasingschedules as required to coordinate particularly challenging work phases; and helps coordinate thevarious parties to completion.
- Participates in discussions with designers, contractors and other third party entities to proactivelyidentify project risks; and develop recommendations as to how to mitigate the risks.
- Participates in reviewing the contractor pay application; and ensures it is consistent with theschedule update and other progress documents.
- Coordinates cost recording, monitoring, and reporting practices for compliance with applicablestandards accuracy and consistency.
- Coordinates development of schedule resource loading and leveling; and the schedule development,maintenance and monitoring activities.
- Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creativereporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
- Responsible for promptly reporting budget and/or schedule variances.
- 10+ years of project controls experience.
- Worked on a minimum $500m project/program within the last 5 years, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Experience managing schedulers, estimators, and other controls staff.
- Demonstrated project controls experience managing the design and construction of large-scale,complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for acomplicated design effort.
- Experience with Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical and complicated construction program;and the ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical- and management-level audience.