Project Controls Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job Type: Full-Time
Years of Experience: 15+ years
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Develops, interprets, and executes policy, objectives, and standards applicable to scope, cost andschedule control and analysis activities.
- Ability to perform forensic assessments for required diagnosis of schedule and costs.
- Interfaces with management and project team for specific project controls presentations. Developsand presents scope, cost and schedule reports and presentations for key project stakeholders.
- Reviews project work activities to ensure support of project milestones. Develops micro-phasingschedules as required to coordinate particularly challenging work phases; and helps coordinate thevarious parties to completion.
- Participates in discussions with designers, contractors and other third party entities to proactivelyidentify project risks; and develop recommendations as to how to mitigate the risks.
- Participates in reviewing the contractor pay application; and ensures it is consistent with theschedule update and other progress documents.
- Coordinates cost recording, monitoring, and reporting practices for compliance with applicablestandards accuracy and consistency.
- Coordinates development of schedule resource loading and leveling; and the schedule development,maintenance and monitoring activities.•Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creativereporting tools to communicate complex project equencing and/or progress assessments.
- Responsible for promptly reporting budget and/or schedule variances.
- Previous project controls experience on a large-scale, multi-million dollar construction projectrequired. Experience on a large-scale aviation-related project is required.
- Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable toassume additional responsibilities.
- Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance ofresponsibility and growth in previous positions. Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in jobaccomplishment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to interface with a variety of people with different technical levels and educationalbackgrounds; must be detail-oriented and highly organized; and must be able to produce accurateand timely results while maintaining a customer-service attitude.
- Must present a "can-do" spirit within the controls team: inspiring them to produce consistentlyaccurate results at a fast pace.
- 15+ years of project controls experience, or five-years supplemented with a Master’s Degree inConstruction Management; and at least six-years supporting a multi-million dollar engineering andconstruction project, preferably in a public-sector airport.
- Demonstrated project controls experience managing the design and construction of large-scale,complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for acomplicated design effort.
- Experience with Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical and complicated construction program;and the ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical- and management-level audience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of software products, e.g. Excel, Word, etc.
- Understanding with industry software, such as Primavera, Prolog or Expedition, etc.
- Microsoft Office Suite of software is required. Experience with Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Experience with Primavera Project Planner Version 6.0 or higher is desirable.
- Experience with large-scale construction management type software such as Prolog is desirable.