Project Controls Manager
Location: Torrance, CA
Job Type: Choose One
Years of Experience: 10+
Sector: -- Choose One --
Education: Bachelors Degree
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Overall quality control of our services
- Provide oversight and direction to all on-site/part time HUCP staff
- Resolve personnel issues for the HUCP staff
- eBuilder setup, implementation, testing and training of the HUCLA staff/RBB and contractors
- Develop and implement operations and strategies that improve HUCP services and provide additional value in a cost-effective manner.
- Provide additional resources as and when needed, facilitate interviews and selection of the candidate.
- Coordinate with Joint Venture members for services provided by HUCP
- Integration of HUCP services with the PM/CM team
- Coordinate for estimating tasks. Making sure that the deliverables are completed on time, distributed to the HUCLA staff and RBB/Cumming. Facilitate the reconciliation meetings and provide meeting minutes and follow up on the assigned tasks after reconciliation meeting.
- Provide oversight of the master schedule update, cash flow and discuss/resolve any upcoming delays/impacts.
- Oversight and quality assurance of Cost Control functions
- Oversight and quality assurance of the Document Control functions
- Understand the scope of additional services (reimbursables), obtain price quotes from vendors, prepare and submit proposal to the County.
- Regularly meets with LA DPW to ensure that the team is providing quality project controls services and meeting their expectations.
- 10+ years of project controls experience.
- Worked on a minimum $500m project/program within the last 5 years, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Experience managing schedulers, estimators, and other controls staff.
- Demonstrated project controls experience managing the design and construction of large-scale,complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for acomplicated design effort.
- Experience with Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical and complicated construction program;and the ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical- and management-level audience.