Human Resources Manager
Location: Irvine, CA
Job Type: Full-Time
Years of Experience: 15+
Education: Bachelors Degree
Our team is looking for an entrepreneurial, dynamic and collaborative HR Manager who will leverage 15+ years of hands-on HR experience and strong business acumen to manage the day-to-day HR needs of our multi-state organization and lead innovative HR initiatives in conjunction with the management team.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Serves as a link between management and employees by addressing employee questions and interpreting and administering terms of employment.
- Analyzes and modifies compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Advise on HR best practices that comply with State and Federal rules and regulations. Implement Company HR policies and procedures.
- Advises managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommends needed changes.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientations to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Makes recommendations or approves plans for staff training and professional development.
- Administers compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Directs the dissemination, interpretation and application of company policies.
- Maintains currency on existing and pending legislation to ensure overall compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate and assist with implementing appropriate disciplinary action and corrective action as necessary. Notifies employees and processes all employee terminations.
- Ensures staff is informed of changes and updates.
- Interacts with company management and employees to provide guidance, assistance and expertise.
- Assists with the payroll department on an as needed basis.
- Resolves issues and requests presented by management and employees.
- Provides consultative services and/or meets with concerned parties to discuss issues and requests and determine best course of action for effective resolution.
- Conducts exit interviews to identify reasons for employee resignation.
- Maintains confidentiality of all employee information and files
- Infrequent travel to other offices
- Experience: 15+ years in a human resources. 5+ years in a previous HR Manager function. Experience in implementing and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures. Experience in payroll, timekeeping, and HR information systems a plus. Excellent knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations including leave administration and labor categorization. Previous experience with a privately-owned business and a multi-state organization is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or equivalent.
- Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to collaborate with managers and employees in a dynamic and customer-centric environment.